Chatswood Public School P&C Association
Chatswood Public School Parents and Citizens Association seeks a Canteen Supervisor in a job share arrangement reporting to the Canteen Committee Convenor and employed by the Chatswood Public School P&C Association.
As co-managers, the Supervisors will take responsibility for all aspects of running the canteen and assist with enhancing the operations, including continual review of the menu to include enticing and healthy choices that meet NSW Healthy School Canteens Strategy guidelines.
Supervisors will be based primarily at the Chatswood Public School main campus which is located at 5 Centennial Avenue, Chatswood, on the corner of the Pacific Highway. There may occasionally be a requirement to work for short periods at the Bush campus location on Eddy Road.
The Supervisors will report to the Canteen Committee Convenor and be responsible for the following: ● Overseeing all operations within the canteen including food prep, cooking, packaging and service; ● Face-to-face contact with school staff and students;
● Cleaning of the canteen area, e.g., walls, appliances and equipment on a daily basis; ● Stock control and quarterly stock take;
● Daily reconciliation and completing associated paperwork;
● Maintaining a daily cash till, regular banking, preparing weekly balance sheet and provide reports for Canteen Committee once per term;
● Working with suppliers to maintain relationships, problem solve and add value; ● Contributing to the overall site safety, cleanliness and presentability to customers; ● Supervision of part-time casual staff members and volunteers;
● Current “Food Safety” Certificate, or similar experience with professional development plan for certification as agreed upon with Committee;
● Other duties as required.
Skills demonstrated as part of the role include:
● Effective communication skills and experience in serving students and working with colleagues. ● Great organisational skills and a good approach to work, with an ability to work with the Canteen staff and committee to make improvements.
● Passion for food and teaching children that eating healthily can be fun; creativity in designing new menu options.
● Regularly well presented; a hard worker with a safety focus; be physically fit and able to undertake associated manual work.
● Commitment to collaboration and advancing Canteen and committee vision and goals, in alignment with Chatswood Public School plan.
● Ability to adapt systems, processes and rosters to meet the needs of school operations, current and changing health and food safety protocols, and Covid safety plans.
Canteen Supervisor remuneration is set according to the Fast Food Industry Award, with base hourly rate and Canteen contributions to superannuation.
Successful applicants will provide evidence of Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. The Canteen operates in accordance with NSW Department of Education guidelines; current guidelines require all Canteen staff and volunteers to provide certification of Covid double vaccination status.
Please submit a current curriculum vitae and cover letter to the Chatswood Public P&C Association Canteen Committee, Attention: Canteen Convenor [email protected]