Returns – Refund Policy
- What can I return and when?
Refunds for NEW Uniform Shop items only. Returns must be made within 30 days from the receipted/invoiced date.
To be eligible for a refund, item(s) must be unworn and unused without any markings, soil free and must have the original tags attached where applicable. Item(s) must be in the original packaging which must be in original condition unless returning due to the product being faulty or damaged, or the product is not fit for its intended purpose. This includes any branded or clear plastic packaging. We will not accept any merchandise marked with a name. The Uniform Shop reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a refund. This may result in a refund being refused. The Uniform Shop reserves the right to reject returns if the items are returned in a soiled, worn or in a condition not fit for resale on receipt.
All returns must be reviewed and approved by the Uniform Shop Manager before refunds are processed to ensure they meet the return conditions listed in the policy and is at the discretion of the Uniform Shop Manager unless required by law.
- Can I exchange an item I bought online?
We will no longer be able to offer an exchange on returned items and all returned items will be refunded once they’ve been assessed. If you need a different size, style or colour of an item, then you will need to place a new order.
- How do I return items?
- All returns must be packaged securely and appropriately, accompanied by a RMA Product Return Form, which can be found at https://chatswoodpublicpandc.org.au/shop/returns.
- Drop off at Main Campus or Bush Campus Office staff. Please ensure and observe all COVID-safe guidelines for public school and we abide by all the relevant rules and requirements in the current level of restrictions. Please abide by all government health guidelines. The returned items will be isolated for 7-10 days before any reviews are done. You will be advised after 10 days on the status of your return. All returns must be reviewed and approved by the Uniform Shop Manager before refunds are processed to ensure they meet the return conditions listed in the policy and is at the discretion of the Uniform Shop Manager unless required by law. We usually advise 10 business days (due to items needing to be quarantined) for your request to be processed by our team from the date your return arrives back at the Uniform Shop from the Office. Due to current government restrictions and increased return volume, our online team may at times experience delays, please allow an additional 10 business days for your request to be processed. You will be notified via email once your request has been actioned.
- Can I return items in-store?
No, in-store returns are temporarily unavailable.
- Are any items excluded from the returns policy?
Yes, there are exclusions. In the interest of hygiene, the material type and for your protection, please choose carefully as we DO NOT offer exchanges or refunds on the purchase of hats, hair accessories, socks and tights, scarves and raincoats, unless exhibiting a genuine manufacturing fault, or where otherwise required by law. In addition, exchanges or refunds do not apply to second hand items, discounted, reduced or discontinued items unless required strictly by law.
- How long do I have to return an item?
While our Returns Policy remains unchanged, due to these unprecedented circumstances and to give parents/carers peace of mind, we are extending our returns to 30 days for reasonable requests with some exceptions and if it meets our returns conditions. This does not impact your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and Regulations.
Ultimately, the decision on size and to purchase is up to you as a customer. We understand that sometimes things do not always go to plan.
- What if I have a damaged or faulty item?
For damaged/faulty goods, please complete the Product Return Form which can be found on https://chatswoodpublicpandc.org.au/shop/returns and drop off the item to the School Offices (Main or Bush Campus). The item(s) will be assessed and you will be advised on the course of action as soon as possible. We may choose to replace or repair the item if it is deemed faulty after discussing with the relevant supplier(s). If the product cannot be repaired in a reasonable time, we will advise on an option for a refund for the receipted price, a replacement item or items to equal or greater value of the receipted price.
If you have any specific questions or need assistance with your return/damaged/faulty items, please email the Uniform Shop Team on [email protected]
Exchanges and refunds do not apply to discounted/reduced or discontinued items unless required strictly by law.
Sale of Pre-Loved Donated (Second Hand) Goods Policy
Second Hand Uniforms
Parents purchasing second hand uniforms benefit from the reduced costs as do those keen to pass on uniforms that have been outgrown. The takings from the second hand uniform sales contribute directly to P&C fundraising activities. The Uniform Shop team will gladly accept donations of pre-loved current uniforms from families for resale at reduced prices. Please do drop them off at the Main Campus School Office. All items donated must be those in decent condition and would greatly appreciate if you can have them washed. Items must match stock currently being sold by the uniform shop and comply with the uniform requirements set by the school including the colour and design of fabrics. Parents are requested to remove any name tags prior to donation to prevent any confusion over ownership after the sale.
Parents are requested to remove any name tags prior to donation to prevent any confusion over ownership after the sale. Due to space constraints, we will not be able to respond to ad-hoc requests to purchase 2nd hand uniforms. 2nd hand uniforms request can be made directly via email to the Uniform Shop team or will be offered as flash sales at communicated set times in the school year via the school newsletter. Unfortunately, we are unable to sell pre-loved uniforms via our online uniform shop.
No refunds or exchanges are offered for second hand uniforms.
Postage and Shipping Policy
Chatswood Public School Uniform Shop will provide the following delivery/shipping options:
- Collection in-person – you will be notified with a “Completed order” email when your orders are ready to be collected. Collection point – Main Campus Uniform Shop, enter from Pacific Highway pedestrian entrance and it is the first demountable building to the right. Allocated collection time – Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 9.15am-10am.
- Deliver to your nominated child’s classroom in the week from Mondays to Thursdays (Bush Campus is usually twice weekly) – orders must be received by Wednesday 11.59pm for delivery in the week. The buyer will be notified via email with an “ORDER COMPLETED” email when the orders are to be delivered. Please check with your child at the end of the school day to retrieve the ordered items. If your child is not at school, you will need to contact the Uniform Shop to advise further instructions or the order may be given to the class teacher. The Uniform Shop team shall not be held liable for items lost/misplaced after the order has been handed to the child/teacher.
- Australian Post Parcel Satchel with tracking delivery to a nominated address for non-bulky and fragile items up to 5kg (delivery charges apply). We will not be able to post bulky, non-foldable such as School Bags with this option. In order to protect frontline workers, Australia Post has made the decision to not ask for signature on delivery for your order effective immediately.
- To avoid unnecessary contact, Australia Post are not asking for signature on delivery for your items at the moment. If a signature has been requested, someone will still need to be home for the delivery and the postie will ask for and record a name before confirming delivery on their handheld device and items are left at the door.
Orders that require drop off to a student will require you to provide the student name and class (at the start of the new year, you will needs to provide the child’s year). The items will be provided to the class teacher or the child if present within the class. The delivery of the goods will be deemed complete upon being received by the class teacher or child. (In order to reduce contact, the Uniform Shop committee has made the decision to not ask for signature on classroom drop-off for your order. This is effective immediately).
For all online orders, you will receive 2 emails, one to advise we have “RECEIVED” your order and the next one is when your order is “COMPLETED”. The order will only be dispatched according to your options chosen above when you have received the “ORDER COMPLETED” email. This is important as we will need time to pack the order, dependent on stock availability from suppliers and to ensure that we have it ready for dispatching.
We will make every effort to have your orders ready/delivered as quick as we can unless there are delays in stock from our suppliers which we will advise.
Online order – Australia Post Parcel Satchel
All non-bulky items (total weight of items up to 5kg) shipped to an external nominated address will be using Australia Post Parcel Satchel (tracked). Cost for this delivery is to be paid by the purchaser, cost added at order check-out. Whilst every effort is taken to ensure that the items are delivered, the Uniform Shop cannot be held responsible for any items lost or stolen and any claims must be made by the receiver to Australia Post in this instance. Delivery timing is dependent on delivery location and Australia Post. To avoid unnecessary contact, Australia Post are not asking for signature on delivery for your items at the moment. If a signature has been requested, someone will still need to be home for the delivery and the postie will ask for and record name before confirming delivery on their handheld device and items are then left at the door.
All purchases from the Uniform Shop are GST-included.
Uniform Shop Staff and Volunteers
All our staff and volunteers are dedicated to serve and assist you and you will be treated with courtesy and respect at all times. In return, we ask that you and anyone that you bring with you to the Shop or when corresponding via email treat our staff and volunteers with the same courtesy and respect.
Aggressive or violent behaviour towards anyone within our shop premise or via email will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Please respect our Team so we can create a positive retail experience. Abuse and violence will not be tolerated.
COVID-19 Preventative Measures
Our greatest priority is the health and safety of the children and our staff.
We are disinfecting all surfaces and we are also providing hand sanitizer and cleaning agents. We also request that staff wash their hands with soap thoroughly at the start of the day and then use the hand sanitizer provided regularly while in contact with stock items. We are also encouraging the use of masks especially when in close contact/proximity.
We are taking extra steps to ensure our areas are clean, hygienic environments for everyone. These measures include increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitisation in all areas, including isolating returned items for 1 week before placing it back for resale.
We are also actively following all health and travel advice issued by the Australian Governments, including mandatory isolation periods for all staff returning from overseas. We are ensuring our team is supported with clear health and hygiene protocols at all times, as well as the information and support all staff need to stay at home if they are unwell for any reason.
These are sensible measures to protect our staff and communities while maintaining our essential services across schools. All current Uniform Shop staff are fully vaccinated including the required boosters (as at 20 January 2022).
If the advice from NSW Health and the Department of Education changes, we will inform you.
Please do not take it out on the Uniform Shop team of staff and volunteers, abuse, inaccurate or speculative information will not be tolerated.
Chatswood Public School Parents and Citizens Association is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information that we collect in relation to you is kept strictly secured.
We only use this information to identify your orders, provide you with our newsletters (if you have subscribed) and personalise your shopping experience with us. That is all. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone.
We are always very happy to answer any questions you may have regarding privacy, via email at [email protected].
The payment process is protected by industry standard encryption so that we can guarantee that no one can intercept your credit card details. You are fully protected while buying on line at Chatswood Public Parents and Citizens Association. Our online merchant is Stripe. The payment process is protected by industry standard 256 bit SSL (SecureSocket Layer) encryption between the customer’s browser and the Chatswood Public Parents and Citizens Association site, and again between the Chatswood Public Parents and Citizens Association site and the payment gateway. This prevents transaction information from being intercepted as it travels between the respective servers/computers. Customer credit card details are collected at each order, and are never Stored on the web server in any format. This eliminates the risk of customers’ financial information being accessed by any third-party.
All customer account passwords are stored using a one-way encryption algorithm (MD5). No passwords are ever stored as plain-text.