- This event has passed.
Chatswood Education Precinct Information Night
May 29, 2019 @ 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Investing in schools
The NSW Government is investing $6 billion over the next four years to deliver more than 170 new and upgraded schools to support communities across NSW. In addition, a record $1.3 billion is being spent on school maintenance over four years. This is the largest investment in public education infrastructure in the history of NSW.
Chatswood Education Precinct
Planning is underway to build a landmark education precinct in Chatswood, through the redevelopment, relocation and expansion of Chatswood Public School, Chatswood High School and the Intensive English Centre.
The Chatswood Education Precinct will support high quality educational outcomes and deliver:
- more than 150 new and refurbished innovative learning and teaching spaces;
- almost three times the play space currently allocated to primary school students;
- specialist teaching facilities such as science, art and music rooms;
- dedicated performing arts spaces;
- a new gymnasium and recreational areas for high school students;
- new libraries; and
- an indoor sports facility.
School Infrastructure NSW is working closely with the Principals and staff to define the school requirements and educational principles which are being incorporated into the overall design.
The project team are finalising the planning applications which are scheduled to be on exhibition soon.
We are committed to keeping you updated and will advise when the plans are on public exhibition. Register your interest to stay updated via firstname.lastname@example.org